Monday, April 08, 2013

Illustrating Björk for #PaintOnSneakers Competition by Centro & Lee Cooper Indonesia

One day I was leisurely checking my Path when Mima tagged me on a thought about the competition. Since I was kind of had my mind somewhere else, I didn't carefully read about the rules & regulation of the competition and just signed myself on rather spontaneously. Few days after, I got a phone call telling me that I passed the first selection and was welcomed to take the sneaker I was supposed to paint on. After the phone call, I started reading the rules carefully, but it was, of course, a little late :p

The surprising parts were:
  1. All the finalists had about 3 days to complete the painting;
  2. The judging event, on which the finalists were highly suggested to attend, was scheduled on April 7th, which was exactly the day of my boyfriend's graduation ceremony. Hahaha.
Those were the major surprises aside from the minor ones which included a high stack of deadlines that was lying right in front of my eyes during the days that I should be focusing onto that sneaker. But well, I had to be strong and not complaining on doing the things I actually chose to participate under my own will, right?

So, I get them (the painting and the queueing deadlines) done one by one. The week felt like it was moving so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o s-l-o-o-o-o-o-w-l-y....

And here's how the painting went:
Sketching, based on reference
Adding first & second layers of background
:) nearly there
Adding details
A little more to spice it up
Done

Side view
Overall, it was a pleasant experience, although I wish I had more time and a little less distracting deadlines along with it. But I am always glad for being given a reason to draw :D

Picture from the exhibition, taken from Centro's Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment