Monday, July 01, 2013

These are... Real

Ahh.

I have never been so nervous and excited as I am right now. Well, maybe I had, but it was so long ago that I had forgotten how it felt like.

But since the rest of the story is still rather a mystery even for myself, let's just focus on other things.

These last couple of weeks had taken me on a time machine of some sort. For most of you, this band might be as insignificant as the ants in your little drawer. It most probably be just another band from Bandung, the city that seems to produce like five or fifteen new bands each day. But for me, though, it was a sweet piece of the past. My past.

There were those days when my weekends were fully booked by stages in various sizes and varying crowds. Practically, there were days when my weekends were spent with no one else but the members of that particular band. There were days when we were so awfully close to each other.

So these last couple of weeks, hearing the news that some of them were entering their own new phases... they kinda brought me in a nostalgic mood :')
Ranti - myself - Kak Pepi, this was taken few minutes before we hopped on the stage at ITB
This one was from a gig at E-Plex, PVJ Mall. Even that place is no longer exist now :))
Cannot believe how time had passed. Kak Pepi was still going backstreet with her then-boyfriend whom she has been married to since last year, and now she is a lovely mother of their beautiful daughter. Ranti was still busy giving too many 'chances' to a little too many guys back then, and now she has sworn herself to be devoted to one man as a wife, for a lifetime.

I am, of course, wishing them to have their life-long happiness and blessed days ahead. I know how hard their lives must be, starting from the day after the huge changes, but we had been through hard times together before and I just happened to know how strong these women are. So, I know they would be alright, if not even happier. And I know they'll be able to shed bright lights into their new families, just like how they did with ours back then.

I love the two of you :*

No comments:

Post a Comment