Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My Birthday

On my birthday two days ago, I decided to stay up after sahoor and did a morning run. One very nervous 10 K, I was so afraid that it would ruin my fasting for the rest of the day.

My birthday run recap. Yes, I was going so slow, indeed. Hha!
But it turned out that running after sahoor was actually kind of nice, because you still had that high amount of energy that was supplied through the meals. And I was lucky because the weather was so windy and the clouds were covering the whole sky. So yeah, it was nice. superbly nice.

On the other hand, being 25 year old...

Well, it kinda felt like just another birthday, actually. I mean, the age doesn't feel so haunting or whatever (at least until now). Or maybe I'm just still feeling so guilty of all the wedding to-do list I have been neglecting that I have no more space in my sane mind to worry about getting older anymore.

Anyway, the birthday dinner with my family and my fiancé went wonderful and... rather too supersized. We all went home feeling much too full, but the food was really really worth every kg we gained that night.

The highlight that evening happened when he and I were waiting for my family to arrive at the reserved dining place. He randomly told me that he could do a magic trick and he asked me to close my eyes. Then he popped something that nearly made me cry. Not anything I could easily define with words here, because however I put it in words, nobody would ever get how sentimental that was for me. That moment brought a complicated mixed up feeling in me. Let's just say I have never thought that it was possible for anyone to care about me that much. And that was SO much. Maybe even a little too much.

The funny thing is, I kept remembering how some years ago, I did have another birthday meal with him. And it was nothing close to what I had this year.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment